Lenovo Z1 to be launched in India with Cyanogen OS on May 10
Earlier this week, we got confirmation that Lenovo ZUK Z1 will be powered by Cyanogen OS when launched in India. At that time, the date of Z1’s launch in India was not confirmed. But now, we have confirmation that Lenovo will launch the Z1 in India on May 10.
The Lenovo ZUK Z1 which was unveiled last year will be launched in India on May 10. However, Lenovo will be launching it as Z1 instead of ZUK Z1 in India. The image shared by Lenovo India on its Facebook page says “Lenovo Z1 powered by ZUK”, which means Lenovo hasn’t entirely dropped the ZUK moniker.
Talking about specifications, the Lenovo Z1 is powered by Snapdragon 801 SoC which is paired with 3 GB RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. It boasts off a 5.5-inch Full-HD display and runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box. It features a 13 MP rear camera and an 8 MP front camera. It also comes with a fingerprint scanner and USB Type-C.
Lenovo Z1 specifications:
- CPU: 2.5 GHz Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor
- RAM: 3 GB
- GPU: Adreno 330
- Operating System: Cyanogen OS based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Display: 5.5-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) LCD display
- Rear Camera: 13 MP auto-focus with dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- Connectivity: GPS, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Dual SIM
- Battery: 4100 mAh with Fast charging
There’s no information about the pricing and availability of the Lenovo Z1 yet, but we don’t have to wait much as the launch is just a few days away.