After announcing the G6 in February this year at MWC, LG has today announced the LG G6+. The LG G6+ has the same specifications as that of the G6, however, it comes with bumped up internal storage, wireless charging and more color options.
The LG G6+ is powered by last year’s Snapdragon 821 SoC which is laced with 4 GB RAM and backed by Adreno 530 GPU. It flaunts the bezel-less design and sports a 5.7-inch FullVision display which is kept on by a a 3300 mAh battery. Also, the G6+ comes with support for wireless charging which means you don’t have to keep it tangled to a charging cable.
Moreover, the G6+ also comes with 128 GB of internal storage as opposed to the 64 GB on the G6. Apart from that, the G6+ is also offered in different colors. They are Optical Astro Black, Optical Marine Blue and Optical Terra Gold. Besides, the G6+ also comes with earphones from B&O Play to take advantage of the 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC present on the smartphone.
“LG’s G series has always been about offering innovation and technology that we believe will appeal to as many customers as possible. By expanding the G6 lineup with differentiating features and colors, consumers will have even more options to consider when shopping for a new smartphone.” said Juno Cho, President of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company.
LG G6+ specifications:
- CPU: Snapdragon 821 quad-core processor
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Operating System: LG UX 6.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat
- Display: 5.7-inch QHD+ (2880 x 1440 pixels) IPS LCD FullVision display
- Rear Camera: 13 MP + 13 MP dual camera with OIS, wide-angle lens and dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: Expandable via microSD card
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB Type-C, NFC
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, IP68 water and dust resistance, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC
- Colors: Optical Astro Black, Optical Marine Blue and Optical Terra Gold
- Battery: 3300 mAh with Qi Wireless Charging (depending on market)
LG G6+ Price and Availability:
- Price: To be announced locally in each market
- Availability: To be announced locally in each market