LG Optimus G officially announced, first LTE smartphone with Snapdragon Quad-core
We knew it was coming and here it is! LG Electronics has today officially announced the launch of its faster, lighter and brighter LG Optimus G in Japan.
With the launch of the Optimus G, LG has also said that the global variant of the first LTE smartphone running on Quad-core processor will be launched in Korea next month followed by global availability by the end of the month.
Being the first LTE smartphone to arrive with a Quad-core processor is indeed a great responsibility on the shoulders of the Optimus G and we feel with the specs that the device packs in it will be able to give a tough competition to other devices.
Key specifications of the LG Optimus G include:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core CPU, Adreno 320 GPU with 4G LTE
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2G / 3G / 4G LTE
- 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS+ (1280×768 pixels) / 15:9 ratio
- 2GB RAM
- 13.0MP rear / 1.3MP front
- 2,100 mAh
- 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm145g
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB2.0 HS, A-GPS, MHL, DLNA, NFC
Check out the detailed specifications of the LG Optimus G over here.
You can read about the innovation that the Optimus G includes via LG’s sister companies in our previous post over here.
There is no information on the pricing of the Optimus G yet.