LG Q8 (2018) with 6.2-inch FullVision display, built-in stylus, and military-grade protection announced
South Korean tech giant, LG has announced a new phone in its Q series, the LG Q8 (2018) is the 2018 variant of the old Q8 featuring a 6.2-inch FullVision display, a built-in stylus, a military grade protection and IP68 dust and water resistant.
The LG Q8 (2018) highlights its ‘MIL-STD 810G‘ certified design with IP68 dust and water-resistivity. It has been tested in 14 different conditions including shock, vibration, high temperature, low temperature, thermal shock, and humidity for a stable performance in various environments.
It has a 6.2-inch FullVision display with Full HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) resolution with the standard design, not the new notched display. It comes with a built-in ‘stylus pen’ with pop-memo, GIF editing and more.
The rear side equips a 16 MP camera with LED flash and a fingerprint scanner. There is a 5 MP on the front with 100-degree wide angle lens, portrait mode support, and LG QLens. It further offers DTS:X 3D Surround Sound and Hi-Fi Quad DAC.
It’s a mid-range smartphone powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 octa-core SoC running at 1.8 GHz. As for the RAM and storage, the LG Q8 (2018) comes in 4 GB LPDDR3 RAM and 64 GB internal storage option which upgrades up to 2 TB via a microSD card.
On the battery side, it packs a 3,300 mAh battery with Qualcomm’s QuickCharge 3.0 fast charging support. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box.
The LG Q8 (2018) comes in two colors – Moroccan Blue and Aurora Black. The price for the LG Q8 (2018) is 539,000 Won equivalent to the US $480 OR Rs 32,930 and will be available in Korea, sale starts soon.
LG Q8 (2018) Specifications
- Display: 6.2-inch FullVision IPS Display, Full HD+ resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio
- Software: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, at the back
- CPU: Up to 1.8 GHz octa-core Cortex-A53 processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 SoC, 14nm
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Memory: 4 GB RAM, LPDDR3
- Storage: 64 GB internal, expands up to 2 TB via microSD card
- Main Camera: 16 MP, PDAF, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 5 MP, 100 degrees wide-angle lens, Portrait mode, QLens
- Connectivity: micro USB, 3.5 mm, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Cellular: 4G LTE, Single SIM, VoLTE-enabled
- Battery: 3,300 mAh battery, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 160.1 mm x 77.7 mm x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 172 grams
LG Q8 (2018) Price & Availability
- Price: 539,000 Won (~$480 OR ~Rs 32,930)
- Availability: Korea, sale starts soon