LG V20 unveiled with Android 7.0 Nougat, dual rear cameras and secondary screen
The LG V20 is now official. The South Korean company unveiled the V20 at an event held in San Francisco. The V20 is successor to last year’s V10 and is also the first smartphone to run Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box.
The LG V20 is powered by Snapdragon 820 SoC which is laced with 4 GB RAM and Adreno 530 GPU. It boots up to Android 7.0 Nougat which is the latest version of Android and is also world’s first smartphone to be running it out of the box.
Just like the V10, the V20 has a secondary display as well which allows users to have a glimpse at notifications while outdoors. The Expandable Notifications feature also lets users enlarge the notifications to check long messages and reply to them. The secondary display sits atop the 5.7-inch primary display which boasts off Quad-HD resolution.
The V20, like the G5, comes with dual cameras at the back. There’s a 16 MP standard angle camera at the back which is accompanied by an 8 MP wide angle camera. You get 64 GB of internal storage on this device, and if that’s not enough, the external storage can be expanded up to 2 Terabytes via microSD card.
The V20 flaunts a lightweight aluminium body. The AL6013 metal which is found in aircraft is used to cover the back of the device making it more durable. The V20 has also passed the MIL-STD 810G Transit Drop Test for durability conducted by an independent laboratory that conforms to U.S. military standards, thus, making it more resistant to drops.
The V20 also comes with Steady Record 2.0 and Hi-Fi Video Recording. The Steady Record 2.0 makes use of Qualcomm’s Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) 3.0 which aid in recording sharp video footage. Talking about Hi-Fi Video Recording, the V20 owners can now record videos with crisp audio. The users can manually control audio settings using options like Low Cut Filter (LCF) and Limiter (LMT) which remove unwanted background noise and set recording distance.
There’s more to the V20. Besides being the first smartphone to run Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box, it’s also the first smartphone that features a 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC powered by ESS Technology. This minimizes the distortion and ambient noise in the sound up to 50% making it an audiophile’s choice. LG has also teamed with B&O Play to further enhance the audio functions.
The V20 also comes with Google’s In Apps which let users find content not only from built-in apps including contacts, emails, text messages and photos, but also from user-installed apps.
LG V20 specifications:
- CPU: Snapdragon 820 quad-core processor
- RAM: 4 GB LPDDR4
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Operating System: LG UX 5.0+ based on Android 7.0 Nougat
- Primary Display: 5.7-inch Quad-HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) IPS display
- Secondary Display: IPS Quantum display ( 160 x 1040 pixels)
- Rear Camera: 16 MP with Dual-Tone LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, Laser Detection AF, Phase Detection AF and Contrast AF
- Secondary Rear Camera: 8 MP wide angle with f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 MP wide angle with f/1.9 aperture
- Internal Storage: 64 GB UFS ROM
- External Storage: Expandable up to 2 Terabytes via microSD card
- Connectivity: LTE-A 3 Band CA, X12 LTE (up to 600 Mbps LTE Category 12 with 3x Carrier Aggregation), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac,USB Type-C, Bluetooth 4.2 BLE, NFC
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Hi-Fi Video Recording, Steady Record 2.0, HD Audio Recorder, Studio Mode, High AOP Mic, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, In Apps
- Colors: Titan, Silver, Pink
- Battery: 3200 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
There’s no information regarding the pricing of the LG V20, however, it will be available in South Korea starting this month with other regions following soon.