At its MWC 2019 event in Barcelona, Spain, South Korean tech giant LG announced the G8 ThinQ. But alongside that, the company also announced its first 5G smartphone – the LG V50 ThinQ 5G.
LG generally announces it V series smartphones in the second-half of the year, but this year, LG announced its latest V series smartphone – the V50 ThinQ 5G – at MWC. The LG V50 ThinQ is powered by Snapdragon 855 SoC and comes with Snapdragon X50 modem which brings in 5G to the smartphone.
LG has also said that it has teamed up with 10 major carriers in the markets where 5G service will be launched this year. This includes the US, South Korea, Australia, and some European countries as well.
That said, another noteworthy feature of the V50 ThinQ 5G is dual screen. Well, it doesn’t come with two screens, but LG offers a Dual Screen accessory that feature a 6.2-inch Full-HD+ OLED display. This accessory is actually a case with a screen and can be attached to the phone through Pogo Pin connector. It also doesn’t to be charged as it’s powered by the phone’s battery.
With the Dual Screen accessory attached, you can do multiple things at once. You can position this Dual Screen in 104 and 108 degrees. This accessory also makes it easier to play games on the V50 ThinQ 5G by doubling up as a dedicated controller.
That said, the main screen on the V50 ThinQ 5G measures 6.4-inch diagonally and has a notch up top. It has an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and has a resolution of 3120 x 1440 pixels. The smartphone runs Android Pie and comes with 6 GB RAM.
The V50 ThinQ 5G features a triple-camera setup at the back which includes one 16 MP and two 12 MP cameras. The 16 MP camera comes with a super wide-angle lens, and one of the 12 MP cameras comes with a telephoto lens.
On the front, the V50 ThinQ 5G rocks a dual-camera setup consisting of one 8 MP standard camera and one 5 MP wide-angle camera.
The LG V50 ThinQ comes packed with a 4000 mAh battery and is offered in only one color – Astro Black.
LG V50 ThinQ 5G Specifications
- CPU: Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6 GB
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Display: 6.4-inch QHD+ (3120 x 1440 pixels) OLED FullVision display having 19.5:9 aspect ratio and 538 ppi pixel density
- Dual Screen Accessory: 6.2-inch Full-HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) OLED FullVision display
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (f/1.5, 1.4 μm, 78-degree FOV) + 16 MP (super wide-angle lens, f/1.9, 1.0 μm, 107-degree FOV) + 12 MP (telephoto lens, f/2.4, 1.0 μm. 45-degree FOV) with LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP (f/1.9, 1.12 μm, 80-degree FOV) + 5 MP (wide-angle lens, f/2.2, 1.12 μm, 90-degree FOV)
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 2 Terabytes via microSD card
- Connectivity: 4G, 5G, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC, FM Radio, USB Type-C 3.1
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock, IP68 dust and water resistance, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS:X 3D Surround Sound, AI CAM, Stereo Speakers, Boombox Speaker, Vapor Chamber Cooling, MIL-STD 810G certification
- Colors: Astro Black
- Battery: 4000 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
LG V50 ThinQ 5G Price and Availability
- Price: To be announced
- Availability: To be announced