Loop Mobile now makes it easier to get an Auto-Rickshaw in Mumbai
- Every Auto-Driver is provided with a Tracking Device (which has a Loop Mobile SIM). This device is carried by the Driver through-out the entire day of the Auto run.
- This Device keeps on sending its location to the Rickshawale Call Centre every 5 minutes
- Whenever there is a call from a customer, the call centre executive checks for Autos in that particular location through a Software& then provides the Customer’s Address & Contact details to the Driver
- The Driver Calls up the customer as soon as he reaches his Doorstep & completes the pickup.
Background of the Service
- 2011 Suburban Population of Mumbai (where Autos can ply) is estimated around 85 Lacs
- Total 1,40,000 Autos plying (can verify data from RTO)
- Total Auto’s available in Peak hours of morning 8-10am & evening 7-9pm is 60,000 only; creating a dis-equilibrium between demand & Supply.
- The worst affected people are the Senior Citizens & Disabled who prefer an Auto at their doorstep especially during these hours. Other Door-step transport providers are short in supply &prove to be very expensive for everyday travel.
- Rickshawale service is tailor-made to these requirements by providing economy with Door-step pick up.
For this service, the regular additional fare to be paid is Rs 20 over & above the meter Fare. However exclusively for Senior citizens & Disabled people, the additional fare is reduced by 50%- to Rs 10 only.
- Senior Citizens & Disabled commuters are more than happy to pay such a small amount for a doorstep economical pick-up