Marshmallow update confirmed for LG V10 by T-Mobile
The LG V10 was launched with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop last year in October, and now, T-Mobile has confirmed that it will be providing Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for its LG V10.
The T-Mobile’s website shows LG V10 under “Manufacturer Development” which means T-Mobile and the manufacturer i.e., LG, has agreed to support a new software update for the V10.
As mentioned on T-Mobile’s website, there are three stages for new software updates which include:
- Manufacturer Development: This means that T-Mobile and the device manufacturer has agreed to support a new software update.
- T-Mobile Testing: The device goes through T-Mobile certification process testing during this stage to make sure users get the best quality software possible.
- Completed: This means the software has been approved and is now available to the users.
LG V10 T-Mobile specifications:
- CPU: 1.8GHz Snapdragon 808 hexa-core processor
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: Adreno 418
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Display: 5.7-inch Quad-HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) IPS display with Gorilla Glass 4
- Rear Camera: 16MP with LED flash, Laser Auto Focus and OIS
- Front Camera: 5MP Duo
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 2 Terabytes via microSD card
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, microUSB 2.0, FM Radio, NFC, Infrared port, GPS, Bluetooth 4.1 LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Other: Shock resistant (MIL-STD-810G certified), Fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 3000mAh Li-Ion removable battery
The Marshmallow update is still in the Manufacturer Development stage so we can’t say when the update will actually start rolling out to the LG V10. But hey, whenever it does, we will share the information with you.