After a long time, Micromax has come up with a flagship smartphone. Micromax today launched Micromax Dual 5 with 13 MP dual rear in India at a price of ₹24,999. Micromax Dual 5 is the first smartphone from the company to offer dual cameras. It also has a 13 MP camera at the front, so there are three 13 MP cameras on this smartphone. It comes with a security feature and no longer uses plastics rather boasts full metallic solid unibody with a 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass 3 on top.
Micromax Dual 5 smartphone comes with a 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED display with thin bezels. The device is powered by a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 CPU which has an octa-core processor clocked 1.8 GHz paired with 4 GB of RAM and a massive 128 GB internal storage. There’s a 3,200 mAh battery with fast charging support. It utilizes the Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology that charges the smartphone from 0% to 90% in 45 minutes.
On the camera front, there is a total of 3 cameras each of 13 MP. all the sensors come from Sony. Micromax Dual 5 highlights its dual 13 MP camera that takes stunning pictures with bokeh effect or you can say a depth of field effect. The rear camera comes with dual-tone LED flash, no camera bump and protected with Corning Gorilla Glass. As it’s a dual camera, it comes with two different sensors – Monochrome for B/W images and an RGB sensor for colored images. Hence, the Dual 5 can capture 3 times more light than a normal single lens camera smartphone. The camera on the front side is a 5 MP with LED flash. which is good for low-light selfies.
The Micromax Dual 5 runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS with pre-installed security software and enhancements giving bank level and unhackable security. Unlike phones that offer a software level security, the Dual 5 comes with a dedicated hardware security support making it one of the most secured phones. All the user passwords and credentials are stored in an encrypted format inside the dedicated security hardware chip.
Connectivity options include a new Type-C USB port along with an IR Blaster on top and 4G with VoLTE support (dual nano SIM). Dual 5 offers a hybrid SIM tray i.e. SIM2 can be replaced with a MicroSD card expanding the storage up to 128 GB.
Micromax Dual 5 Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED Display (1920 x 1080 pixels resolution)
- Software: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, at the back
- CPU: up to 1.8 GHz octa-core processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 (MSM8976), 28nm HPm
- GPU: Adreno 510
- Memory: 4 GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage: 128 GB internal storage
- Main Camera: Dual Camera 13 MP + 13 MP, dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 13 MP, LED Flash
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, IR Blaster, 3.5 mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Cellular: 4G LTE support, Dual nano SIM (MicroSD on SIM2), VoLTE-enabled
- Battery: 3,200 mAh (non-removable)
- Colors: Gold
- Price: ₹24,999
Micromax Dual 5 Price In India & Availability
- Micromax Dual 5 is priced at ₹24,999.
- It is available on Flipkart, Micromax stores and offline stores from 10th April 2017.
Micromax dual 5 will come with 1-year replacement warranty with 24 hour turn-around time. Micromax said that it is planning to launch smaller Dual 4 smartphone in the Dual series soon.