Microsoft SharePoint now on BlackBerry
Research In Motion (RIM) has announced the BlackBerry Client for Microsoft SharePoint which delivers mobile SharePoint solution on the market. The BlackBerry Client app provides a deeply integrated and intuitive mobile experience for users together with the manageability and security of BlackBerry Enterprise Server, providing a secure and cost-effective solution for businesses and government organizations.
Connectivity between BlackBerry smartphones and SharePoint servers is made possible with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software. The complete solution features:
- Client app integration with core BlackBerry features and functions such as email, calendar, browser, and Universal Search providing an intuitive user experience
- Check-out, check-in, and versioning of files reflected on the SharePoint server
- Microsoft Office document editing using Documents To Go (pre-installed on BlackBerry smartphones) to download, create, revise and upload documents
- Access to Blogs, Wikis and Lists and the ability to update from a BlackBerry smartphone
- Content searches across multiple SharePoint sites from a BlackBerry smartphone
For more information, visit here.