Mobile Number Portability : How to switch to a New Mobile Service Provider?
Here is how you can do it :
- Visit Mobile Service Provider Customer Care Center or any authorised dealer to request for porting of your mobile number. Fill in a Service Registration Form and pay the porting fees for processing.
- Send SMS ‘PORT’ followed by your mobile number which is to be ported, to 1900. (Send SMS from mobile number which is to be ported)
- Upon receipt of the SMS, your existing operator will send an SMS containing UPC (Unique Porting Code).
- You will be issued a new SIM card by the new service provider.
- Upon approval of the porting request, the new Mobile Service Provider will inform you the date and time of porting. You can change your SIM card at that date and time. In case you encounter any trouble, you need to contact the new Service Provider.
PS : Mobile Number Portablity is not yet available in all telecom circles.