Moto G Turbo Edition starts receiving Marshmallow update in India
After rolling out the Marshmallow update for the Moto G 3rd Gen in India during the first week of this year, Motorola has now started to roll out the Marshmallow update for the Moto G Turbo Edition as well.
The Moto G Turbo Edition was launched with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box, but now, many users have reportedly started receiving the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update on their handset. The OTA (over-the-air) update carries version number v24.11.22 and has a total size of 445.5MB. The update also brings in December’s Android security patch. Just in case you don’t get a notification, you can also check for the update manually by going to Settings>About Phone>System Update, you can then select the “Yes, I’m in” option to download and install the update.
The new update also brings in some new features of Marshmallow to the Moto G Turbo Edition. These new features include Google Now On Tap, App Permissions, and Doze along with the removal of Moto Assist which will be replaced by “Do Not Disturb”.
Moto G Turbo Edition specifications:
- CPU: 1.5GHz Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor
- RAM: 2GB
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (Android 6.0 Marshmallow rolling out in India)
- Display: 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display with Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: 13MP with dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 32GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual SIM (Micro-SIM)
- Connectivity: microUSB v2.0, FM Radio, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Other: IP67 certified (Water and Dust resistant), Turbo Charging
- Battery: 2470mAh Li-Ion battery
The Moto G Turbo Edition was launched last year in India at a price of Rs.14,499 and is available on Flipkart exclusively. Have you received the Marshmallow update on your device yet?