Motorola has arrived lately in India with its flagship Moto Z2 Force, the same phone which was released in the US last year in July. Moto Z2 Force is a premium device featuring a shatter-proof glass display, dual-camera, ultra-slim metallic construction, and support for Moto Mods. Here’s a quick look at the Motorola’s premium offering, the Moto Z2 Force.
Motorola Moto Z2 Force Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch POLED display, Quad-HD resolution (2560 x 1440 pixels), shatter-proof screen with ShatterShield technology, 2.5D curved glass
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Protection: Water repellent nano-coating
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, on the front, gesture-based
- CPU: Up to 2.35 GHz octa-core Kryo 280 processor, 10nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC, 64-bit
- GPU: Adreno 540
- Memory: 6 GB RAM, LPDDR4X
- Storage: 64 GB UFS 2.1, expandable up to 2 Terabytes via microSD card (SIM2)
- Main Camera: Dual 12 MP (monochrome + color) IMX386 with f/2.0 aperture, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, Laser Auto-focus, Pro Mode, Depth Detection and Depth Effects, 4K video recording and dual-tone LED flash, Object & Image Recognition
- Selfie Camera: 5 MP with f/2.2 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens and dual-tone LED flash
- Cellular: 4G LTE network, 2x Nano SIM (GSM), microSD on SIM2
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Colors: Super Black
- Battery: 2,730 mAh with 15W Turbo Charging
- Price: ₹34,999
- Availability: Exclusively on Flipkart and Moto Hubs.
- Launch Offers: Comes bundled with Moto TurboPower Pack Mod worth ₹5,999 which packs 3,490 mAh battery
It’s no surprise that the design is pretty much identical to the Moto Z2 Play, but with the addition of the shatter-proof glass screen. It’s sleek, ultra-slim, and light in weight and gives you the grip holding it. The whole body is made out of 7,000 series aluminum which is strong enough to withstand the crashes. The shatter-proof isn’t just a gimmick, it’s claimed to resist a fall from a height of 5 feet on a hard surface.
Anyone would expect a bezel-less design as it’s 2018 and phones have started moving to the new 18:9 display trend, Moto Z2 Force look obsolete in this case. However, the design is very robust and offers superb build quality.
Similar to the rest of the Moto phones, the front holds a fingerprint scanner that works for gesture-based navigation.
The ultra-slim body is a result of the battery being reduced to 2,730 mAh and elimination of the 3.5 mm headphones jack. Motorola has provided solutions to it, the battery power is aided by its bundled Moto TurboPower Pack Mod (3.490 mAh), and the USB Type-C to 3.5 mm converter for headphones or earphones connectivity.
As a flagship, the Moto Z2 Force boasts the high-end Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core SoC consisting eight Kryo 280 cores clocked at maximum 2.35 GHz. Moreover, the RAM is bumped to 6 GB LPDDR4X RAM as compared to the global variant which comes with 4 GB RAM. Graphics are handled by Adreno 540 GPU for graphics-intensive tasks and gaming. It no more runs on Nougat, Android 8.0 Oreo straight out-of-the-box.
For imaging, the phone is backed up with a dual-camera on board having two 12 MP sensors on the back that takes bokeh shots, and Object & Image Recognition technology. The camera supports laser autofocus and dual-tone LED flash. The front 5 MP camera sounds mediocre yet captures wide selfies and dual-tone LED flash takes care of the low-light selfies.
There are three small buttons on the right, upper two for volume control whereas the bottom is the power button. Motorola has provided the USB Type-C port on the Moto Z2 Force. The left side is kept empty which is good if you often view it in landscape. The hybrid SIM tray is provided on the top that holds 2 TB of micorSD on SIM2 while two nano SIM cards if not using microSD.
Summarizing it, the Moto Z2 Force is a flagship phone with Snapdragon 835 paired with 6 GB RAM, shatter-proof Quad HD POLED display, dual 12 MP cameras on the back, ultra-slim high-quality metallic design, water repellent nano-coating, bundled with Moto TurboPower Pack Mod, and Android Oreo out-of-the-box.