The newest update for the Motorola XOOM tablet is finally rolling out. The Over-the-Air Android 3.2 Honeycomb update has started rolling out for the 3G version on Verizon. This rollout also means that unbranded XOOMs will be getting the update real soon.
So what’s new about the update? Well, check it out:
- Screen Scaling Compatibility Mode: Ability to switch to double pixel mode for selected applications. When selected, application sub-windows and drop down menus are also doubled. In addition, pixel doubling settings are saved for each application.
- SD Card Support: New microSD card support allows you to use a file manager to view all the important files, pictures, music, videos and more stored on your SD card, as well as write content to your SD card via connection to a PC or Mac.
- Adaptive Streaming Support for Movies: Adjusts the bit rate based on client bandwidth, providing an improved user experience.
- Movie Rental Improvements:
-Stability improvements to the overall experience.
-When viewing with HDMI connection, the screen will accurately resize.
- New EAS policy: “Allow Password Recovery”
- Improvements to Exchange ActiveSync and security