MTNL launches Video Telephony Service in Delhi & Mumbai
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL) has today announced the launch of the Video Telephony Service in the Delhi and Mumbai telecom circle. With the launch of the Video Telephony Service, MTNL has become the first telecom operator to offer video calling in high quality.
MTNL has roped in Ahmedabad based ICT solutions provider – Sai Infosystem (India) Limited for this video calling service and this service can be availed by MTNL users over existing MTNL connection.
If you are an MTNL customer in Delhi or Mumbai, you will not be able to make HQ video call using MTNL’s landline or fiber network and through this service, video conferencing for businesses would also be easily available. To ensure that the consistent quality of service is maintained, MTNL will provide special PVC (Private virtual circuit) on broadband connection through which traffic of Video calls will flow.
Using this service, users can make calls can within India on MTNL / BSNL HD-Voice and Video Telephony network while the call charges are Rs.2.50 per minute which seems to be much more affordable.
MTNL has pointed out the various benefits of its Video Telephony Service which are as below:
- Assured Video Quality through MTNL’s MPLS-VPN
- High Definition (HD) Voice
- Instant Desk-to-Desk Video Call
- No PC required to make a video call
- Comes as an add-on facility on existing MTNL landline connection
- Make calls to any MTNL/ BSNL HD Voice or Video phone
- Video Meeting Room feature for one-to-many calling
- Connect to a larger display, I.e., LCD/ Projector (optional)
Details about the standard plans are as below while Silver plans with VGA resolution (640 x 480 pixels) and GOLD plans with HD 720P Video resolution (1280 x 720 pixels) are also available for prospective users.