MWC 2012: Panasonic announces the Eluga Power smartphone
Panasonic had earlier showed off its water-proof smartphone the Eluga. Now the company has announced a bigger version of the smartphone called the Eluga Power.
The device has some better specs than the Eluga and we aren’t complaining. It has a better processor and huge 5 inch display. The smartphone will have IP57 water and dustproofing, which sounds great.
Here are the official specs:
- A 1280×720 HD, 5.0 inch LCD screen with a 9.6mm thin frame
- Slim form factor – 136x70x9.6mm.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.5GHz dual-core processor, Android 4.0
- International standard IP57 water and dustproofing
- NFC – allowing for contactless payment and data transfer
- Main camera with 8MP autofocus and 1080p Full HD video recording, including auto scene recognition and 8x digital zoom, as well as a front-facing camera
- Superfast charging – 50% charge takes just 30 minutes, and 80% takes 57 minutes (provided it starts charging from a 10% charged status)
- 8GB of internal memory, with Micro SD Card Slot supporting a further 32GB
Could this give some competition to the LG Optimus Vu or the Galaxy Note? Time will tell.