MWC 2012: Sony announces Xperia P and Xperia U, to join Xperia S in the Xperia NXT Series
Sony has finally taken the covers off its Xperia P (Nypon) and Xperia U (Kumquat) smartphones at the Mobile World Congress 2012. Both the devices will go on to join the Xperia S which was unveiled at the CES 2012 back in January and will be a part of the NXT series.
Xperia P and Xperia U will be available to consumers globally in the second quarter of this year.
The Xperia P will have
- A 4 inch Reality Display with powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine.
- Features Sony’s WhiteMagic display technology for an ultra-bright and power efficient viewing experience.
- A 1 GHz dual-core processor for super fast performance with 16GB flash storage.
- An 8MP camera with unique fast capture, HD recording, also capable to captre capture 2D and 3D panoramic images.
- Easy HDMI and DLNA connectivity to share content on any screen.
- Near Field Communications (NFC)
- Will run on Android platform 2.3 (Gingerbread) initially, upgrade to Android platform 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) during the second quarter of 2012.
- Available in a choice of silver, black and red, all with an aluminium unibody.
While on the other hand the Xperia U will be the smallest of all the three device and will have
- A 3.5” Reality Display powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine.
- Run on a 1 GHz dual-core processor for super fast performance.
- A 5MP camera with unique fast capture, HD recording and Sony technology to capture 2D and 3D panoramic images.
- Crisp and loud listening with xLoud and 3D surround sound audio technology.
- Will run on Android platform 2.3 (Gingerbread), upgrade to Android platform 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) during the second quarter of 2012.
- Will be available in a choice of white or black, with pink and yellow exchangeable caps for the base of the smartphone in the box.
So thank you Sony for settling all the rumours and giving us all the details because we have seen loads of leaks and equal rumours for the two devices.