Nokia 7 Plus Android One goes official with 6-inch FHD+ Display, Snapdragon 660 SoC and Dual Rear Cameras
Back in October last year, HMD Global – who is the official licensee of Nokia brand of smartphones – launched the Nokia 7 smartphone. However, the Nokia 7 was only available in China. But, at a pre-MWC (Mobile World Congress) event today in Barcelona, HMD Global has announced the Nokia 7 Plus which will be available outside of China.
Thanks to some press renders that had leaked more than a week ago, we already knew what the Nokia 7 Plus would look like. As evident from the name, the Nokia 7 Plus is larger than the Nokia 7. The Nokia 7 came with a 5.2-inch Full-HD 16:9 display, whereas, the Nokia 7 Plus comes with a 6-inch Full-HD+ display having a modern 18:9 aspect ratio. As a result, the Nokia 7 Plus looks more attractive than the Nokia 7.
Moving on to the back, you can see a dual camera setup which is a combination of one 12 MP regular camera and one 13 MP telephoto camera – both equipped with ZEISS optics. These cameras are located at the center of the phone in vertical orientation and have LED flash to their right.
Below this dual camera setup is the fingerprint scanner, and, further down below is the Nokia moniker as well as the Android One logo. Yes, the Nokia 7 Plus is a part of Android One program which means it not only runs the latest version of Android out of the box, but, also comes with a promise of regular software updates for two years.
Anyways though, coming back to the photography department, the Nokia 7 Plus comes with Pro Mode that lets you control different aspects of the camera like shutter speed and ISO. And, the telephoto lens lets you take photos of distant objects without loss in detail by using 2x optical zoom. That said, for selfies and video calls, you get a 16 MP camera on the front which is also equipped with ZEISS optics.
The Nokia 7 Plus flaunts a uni-body design and the phone is made out of a slab of 6000 series aluminium. There are no visible antenna lines at the back of the phone, and, you can also see copper colored accents on the ring of the fingerprint scanner as well as the dual camera setup.
Speaking about the innards, the Nokia 7 Plus is powered by Snapdragon 660 SoC which is paired with 4 GB of RAM. The smartphone comes with 64 GB of internal storage, but you also have the option to expand the storage up to 256 GB via microSD card.
The Nokia 7 Plus comes in two colors – Black and White – and, providing juice to this package is a 3800 mAh battery which Nokia says can offer 2-day battery life.
Nokia 7 Plus Android One Specifications
- CPU: Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor
- RAM: 4 GB LPDDR4
- GPU: Adreno 512
- Operating System: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Display: 6-inch Full-HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD display with Gorilla Glass 3 and 18:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 12 MP standard (1.4µm f/1.75 2PD with ZEISS optics) + 13 MP telephoto (1.0µm f/2.6 with ZEISS optics) with dual-tone flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP with ZEISS optics
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Single/Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC, 3.5 mm headphone jack, USB Type-C 2.0.
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Bothie, Nokia OZO Audio
- Colors: Black-Copper, White-Copper
- Battery: 3800 mAh
Nokia 7 Plus Android One Price and Availability
- Price: Average global price of €399 (around ₹31,745)
- Availability: To be available from April