Samsung Galaxy S9+ announced with bezel-less design, glass body, Snapdragon 845, Android Oreo, Bixby assistant, and more
The wait is over, Samsung has finally announced the Galaxy S9+ today at the MWC event held in Barcelona. The Samsung Galaxy S9+ is the successor to the Samsung Galaxy S8+, the bezel-less smartphone which was launched last year.
The Galaxy S9+ sports dual-edge curved design, metallic build and glass body which, unlike the predecessor, has even thinner bezels. On top of it, the design still offers wireless charging and IP68 certification perks. The fingerprint scanner is moved to the center just below the camera.
Not just Samsung has retained the headphones jack, there’s a new addition to the loudspeakers, the Galaxy S9+ comes with stereo speakers tuned by AKG itself and supports Dolby Atmos. The earpiece speaker acts as a secondary speaker uniting as stereo speakers.
The bezel-less design, being the main highlight, is laced with a 6.2-inch Super AMOLED display having a resolution of Quad HD+ (2960 x 1440 pixels) and it’s HDR10 complaint. The screen uses a higher resolution with pixel density of 570 ppi and an unusual aspect ratio of 18.5:9. The display is covered with the same Corning Gorilla Glass 5 that used before.
Underneath, the Galaxy S9+ is a powerhouse, it comes with a powerful octa-core Exynos 9810 processor with 6 GB RAM LPDDR4X-type. There are three variants of it starting from 64 GB, 128 GB to a massive 256 GB with microSD support for up to 400 GB.
All-new Camera – Records 960 FPS Super Slow Motion Footage, Lowest F/1.5 Aperture
There is no doubt Samsung has upgraded the camera significantly, it now comes with a new camera onboard, not single but dual 12 MP cameras with f/1.5 lowest aperture possible on a smartphone. The camera also records 960 frames per second super slow motion videos.
The Samsung Galaxy S9+ comes in four colors – Midnight Black, Titanium Gray, Coral Blue, and Lilac Purple. The pricing starts at $839.99 and available from 16th March 2018.
Samsung Galaxy S9+ Specifications
- Display: 6.2-inch Super AMOLED display, Quad-HD+ resolution (2960 x 1440 pixels), Always-on display
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo, Bixby Assistant
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, at the back (below the rear camera)
- Iris Scanner: Yes
- Protection: IP68 Ratings (dust and water resistant), Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- CPU: 10nm octa-core Samsung Exynos 9810 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core SoC
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP18 OR Adreno 630
- Memory: 6 GB RAM, LPDDR4X
- Storage: 64 GB or 128 GB or 256 GB UFS 2.1, expandable up to 400 GB via microSD card (SIM2)
- Main Camera: Dual 12 MP + 12 MP (f/1.5 + f/2.4), OIS, LED flash
- Selfie Camera: 8 MP, f/1.7 aperture
- Cellular: 4G LTE network, 2x Nano SIM (GSM), microSD on SIM2
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Battery: 3,500 mAh
Samsung Galaxy S9+ Price & Availability
- Price: $839.99
- Availability: 16th March 2018