Nokia 8110 4G feature phone announced with 2.45-inch color display and VoLTE support
Last year, at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017, HMD Global made everyone nostalgic with the launch of the modern version of Nokia 3310. Well, HMD Global has decided to take us down the memory lane again at this year’s MWC as well by bringing back a modern version of yet another Nokia classic from the good old days – the Nokia 8110. HMD Global announced four Android smartphones at a pre-MWC event in Barcelona, but along with those, the company also announced the Nokia 8110 4G.
The Nokia 8110 4G is a feature phone with a slider design. The phone has a curved shape and it does look like a banana when you look at it from left or right side. And, that slider, apart from protecting the keypad of the phone, also lets you accept and end calls. When you receive a call, just slide it down, and when you are done talking, just slide it up.
That said, while the keymat has a “tactile matte” finish, the phone itself is made out of a polycarbonate shell. The Nokia 8110 4G features a 2.45-inch curved QVGA color display, and, it is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 205 SoC which is coupled with 512 MB RAM and backed by Adreno 304 GPU.
The Nokia 8110 4G runs on Smart Feature OS which is powered by KaiOS, hence, you won’t have access to all the Android apps. However, you do get access to apps like Google Assistant, Google Search, Google Maps, Facebook, Twitter, Outlook and Gmail through a special app store. Oh, and yes, it also comes pre-loaded with a “revamped version” of Snake. Yay !!
Well, with that being said, the Nokia 8110 4G supports VoLTE and also comes with IP52 certification. The phone will be available in Black and Yellow colors, and, will ship with a 1500 mAh battery which Nokia says can offer up to 25 days of standby time on a single charge.
Nokia 8110 4G Specifications
- CPU: 1.1 GHz Snapdragon 205 dual-core processor
- RAM: 512 MB
- GPU: Adreno 304
- Operating System: Smart Feature OS powered by KaiOS
- Display: 2.45-inch QVGA (320 x 240 pixels) curved color display
- Rear Camera: 2 MP with LED flash
- Internal Storage: 4 GB
- SIM: Dual SIM (Micro + Nano)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio, micro USB 2.0
- Other: Revamped version of Snake, IP52 certification
- Colors: Traditional Black, Banana Yellow
- Battery: 1500 mAh removable battery
Nokia 8110 4G Price and Availability
- Price: Average global retail price of €79 (around ₹6300)
- Availability: To be available from May