Alongside the Nokia 1, Nokia 6, Nokia 7 Plus, and Nokia 8110, HMD Global also announced its flagship smartphone known under the name Nokia 8 Sirocco. It’s the phone that competes the Apple iPhone X and Samsung top-of-the-line phones. This is the HMD’s premium offering with nearly a $1,000 price tag.
Nokia 8 Sirocco is made out of stainless steel frame with glass body and boasts a bezel-less design. The design is also capable of resisting water and dust i.e. IP67 certified as well as the glass body accepts Qi wireless charging. The screen is a 5.5-inch P-OLED display featuring Quad HD resolution (2560 x 1440) with curves on the sides similar to what you’ve seen on Samsung devices.
The Nokia 8 Sirocco is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core SoC paired with a huge 6 GB of RAM and a bulky 128 GB storage. Despite having a slim form factor, it still holds a bigger 3,260 mAh battery with wireless charging support. It runs on Android Oreo out-of-the-box with stock interface since it’s an Android One device.
Nokia is on to dual-camera setups as well with Carl Zeiss lens on it. The Nokia 8 Sirocco equips a 12 MP camera with Carl Zeiss optics while the other being a 13 MP camera. The front camera is a wide-angle 5 MP with 84 degrees field of view.
While there is no 3.5 mm headphone port available on the phone, you can have the type-C port to convert to the 3.5 mm via adapters. The Nokia 8 Sirocco will be available in April 2018 and it will be priced around $921 or 749 Euros to be exact.
Nokia 8 Sirocco Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch P-OLED display, Quad HD resolution (2560 x 1440 pixels), 16:9 aspect ratio, 534 ppi, Always-on display, 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Design: Stainless Steel Frame, IP67 Certified, Glass back, Wireless Charging
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, on the back
- CPU: Up to 2.5 GHz octa-core Kryo 280 processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC
- GPU: Adreno 540
- Memory: 6 GB RAM, LPDDR4X
- Storage: 128 GB internal, expandable up to 256 GB (SIM2)
- Main Camera: Dual cameras (12 MP f/1.75 + 13 MP f/2.6), 2x optical zoom, Carl Zeiss optics
- Selfie Camera: 5 MP f/2.0
- Cellular: 4G LTE, Single SIM or Dual SIM
- Connectivity: USB Type-C 3.1, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC
- Other: Nokia OZO audio with 3 mics
- Battery: 3,260 mAh, QuickCharge 4.0, Qi Wireless Charging
- Colors: Tempered Blue, Polished Blue, Steel, Polished Copper
Nokia 8 Sirocco Price & Availability
- Price: 749 Euros (~$921 or Rs59,500)
- Availability: April 2018