New Nokia 6 Android One goes official with Snapdragon 630 SoC, 16 MP camera and Android Oreo
HMD Global, at an event in Barcelona, announced its very first Android Go smartphone – the Nokia 1. However, alongside that, the company also announced Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 8 Sirocco Android One smartphones. But, these aren’t the only Android One smartphones that have been announced by HMD Global. There’s one more Android One smartphone that has been announced – the new Nokia 6.
Well, this new Nokia 6 is actually the Nokia 6 (2018) that was launched by HMD Global last month in China. The Nokia 6 (2018), until now, was available for purchase exclusively in China, but now, HMD Global has announced it for global markets by launching it as the “New Nokia 6”, albeit with Android One in tow.
Well, as the new Nokia 6 is actually the Nokia 6 (2018) with Android One, its design is exactly the same as its Chinese counterpart. The phone boasts a uni-body metal construction and is made out of a single block of 6000 series aluminium.
It features the same 5.5-inch Full-HD display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection, and, has the same 16 MP and 8 MP snappers at the back and on the front respectively. Moreover, the new Nokia 6 also comes with the same Snapdragon 630 SoC under the hood which is coupled with 3 or 4 GB RAM. But, as this is an Android One smartphone, it runs Android Oreo out of the box unlike Android 7.1.1 Nougat on the Nokia 6 (2018) that was launched in China.
That said, being an Android One smartphone also means that the new Nokia 6 comes with a promise of regular security updates and Android version upgrades for two years. And, speaking about software, the new Nokia 6 also comes with Dual-Sight Mode (Bothie) that lets you capture photos and videos simultaneously using the front and rear camera.
The new Nokia 6 also has a fingerprint scanner at the back below the camera module for additional security. The smartphone comes in three colors – Black-Copper, White-Iron, Blue-Gold, and, it packs in a 3000 mAh battery that gulps power from a USB Type-C port.
New Nokia 6 Specifications
- CPU: 2.2 GHz Snapdragon 630 octa-core processor
- RAM: 3/4 GB LPDDR4
- GPU: Adreno 508
- Operating System: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Display: 5.5-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD display with 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: 16 MP with PDAF, f/2.0 aperture and dual-tone flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP with f/2.0 aperture and 84° wide-angle lens
- Internal Storage: 32 GB (with 3 GB RAM), 64 GB (with 4 GB RAM)
- External Storage: Expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Single/Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, FM Radio, 3.5 mm headphone jack, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Dual-Sight Mode (Bothie), Nokia OZO Audio
- Colors: Black-Copper, White-Iron, Blue-Gold
- Battery: 3000 mAh
New Nokia 6 Price and Availability
- Price: Starts at an average global price of €279 (around ₹22,183)
- Availability: To be available starting early April