Nokia Lumia 920 & 820 receiving SW update, Microsoft details WP8 build 10211
Nokia has today announced that it is rolling out an update to its Nokia Lumia 920 and Nokia Lumia 820 Windows Phone 8 smartphones which go on to bring in many enhancements to the the smartphones.
The update is the same that was rolled out to the Windows Phone 8X by HTC earlier this month and shoots the OS version to 8.0.10211.204.
Currently the update is rolling out in the US and Canada to Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 smartphones and the global roll out will be happening only in February 2013.
Microsoft has with the upgrade packed-in the following enhancements:
- Messaging improvements: A great messaging experience is now even better. You can now add multiple recipients at the same time when you send a text message and automatically save unsent text messages as drafts. You can even edit received text messages before you forward them.
- Text replies to incoming calls: Now you can send a pre-written text reply to a caller directly from the call answer screen. It’s a nice way to let people know that you’re not ignoring them.
- Internet Explorer improvements: You can now change your settings to prevent pictures from downloading automatically—an easy way to help keep data usage low. You can also delete selected sites from your browsing history and leave the rest intact.
- Wi-Fi connectivity: Got a favorite Wi-Fi network? Windows Phone 8 will now prioritize Wi-Fi connections based on your connection history.
Nokia has also packed updates from its side which improve the imaging performance and battery management on the smartphones and include:
- Enhancements in Messaging
- More efficient and reliable Bluetooth connectivity
- More efficient and reliable start-up sequence
- Enhancements in imaging performance and battery management
- Additional platform updates and enhancements