Nokia Maps now on iOS and Android
Nokia has launched Nokia Maps (Beta) for mobile web for all platforms. Nokia Maps can now be accessed through any handsets, including iOS and Android that have a browser supporting HTML 5. It was presented for the first time at the Where 2.0 conference and since then, on top of the new and classy Nokia blue theme, Nokia has been adding more features and improving the user experience. It is still in beta, so more is expected out of the maps in the near future.
The new maps offer the following features:
- You can see where you are on the map, thanks to HTML5 support for positioning
- You can find addresses, businesses and other places of interest, anywhere in the world
- You can get to know the places: all the essential information about a place are presented on one page (pictures, user reviews, popular travel guides description, contact information)
- You can plan the fastest route to your destination by car or on foot
- You can see where the public transport lines go, and where the stops are
- You can share your favourite places with your friends via SMS, email, Facebook or Twitter
Just visit maps.nokia.com from your HTML enabled browser on your device to try out the latest maps offering by Nokia.