Popular Symbian App, Nokia Public Transport has been updated with a final release of version 2.1 bringing in loads of new features and bug fixes along with many improvements since the previous release.
The Nokia Public Transport App lets users navigate through cities very easily using the public transport system and keeping them updated all the time.
The final release of the Nokia Public Transport App for Symbian v2.1 brings in the following features:
New in v2.1:
- All the platforms (S^1 and S^3-all firmwares) have now the same feature set – only difference is Transport Nearby on the map (which is only supported on Belle and newer firmwares).
- Transport Nearby in estimated routing areas.
- Improvements: battery live, start-up time, UI for Transport Nearby page, etc.
- Bug fixing.
New in 2.1 for S^3 pre Anna and Anna firmwares:
- Simple routing: Simple routing uses the map data to calculate a heuristic route, based on the likely frequency of lines.
- Improved experience in the available cities and increase to more cities; especially in China.
- Much more coverage: many more timetable cities + simple routing (before only Germany, UK, USA, Canada, Finland, Belgium Denmark and New Zealand)
New in v2.1 for S^1:
- Much more coverage: many more timetable cities + simple routing (before only Berlin/Brandenburg).
- Transport Nearby: search for a station around a certain spot and get all the departures from that station.
- Line information: the stops along a line and its frequency.
- Integration of Nokia Maps: walk to or show your destination on the map using Nokia Maps.
- Coverage check: at the first time usage, a coverage check will show information about the supported coverage in the user‘s city. Besides, some legal information will also present to the user.
- Localization: now supports all languages that are available on Symbian (before only English and German)
- Lots of visual improvements.
The App is now available for download from Nokia Beta Labs or even from the Nokia Store and enjoy using the app.