OPPO F7 with 6.23-inch 19:9 Full Screen Display and 25 MP Selfie Camera launched in India
And there's also a notch up top
Chinese smartphone brand OPPO launched the OPPO F5 smartphone in India in November last year. And today, at an event in Mumbai, the company as promised earlier has launched the OPPO F7 in India as a successor to the F5.
The OPPO F7, like previous OPPO smartphones, is advertised as a “Selfie Expert”, and, has a 25 MP camera on the front. It comes with a “real-time HDR” sensor that takes pictures with more information. Besides, OPPO says that this HDR sensor also takes pictures that have “higher range of details, luminance and color levels”.
That said, the front camera also comes with AI Beauty 2.0 that scans 296 facial recognition points and detects a person’s age, gender, skin color and skin type to take better selfies. Moreover, using AI learning, a user’s beautification preferences are detected based on edits made to the photos in order to offer similar beautification to new photos.
The OPPO F7 also comes with a feature called Vivid Mode that allows the users to adjust the color saturation of a selfie, which also includes adjusting the color of background and even the clothes. Moreover, the F7 also comes along with AR Stickers that let you add different effects to your selfies.
Having said that, for regular photos, the OPPO F7 has a 16 MP snapper at the back that’s accompanied by LED flash.
Moving on, apart from the 25 MP camera on the front, another highlight of the OPPO F7 is its display. The smartphone features a 6.23-inch display that has an aspect ratio of 19:9 and a resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels. And, there’s also a notch up top which makes the phone look like the iPhone X.
In terms of software, the OPPO F7 runs ColorOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 Oreo, and, it comes with a feature called Full Screen Multi-tasking that lets users navigate between apps using different gestures. Talking about the innards, the OPPO F7 is powered by an octa-core processor that’s paired with 4 GB RAM and has 64 GB of internal storage.
However, there’s also a 6 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage variant that comes in Sunrise Red and Diamond Black colors.
“Our focus has always been on bringing the best photography and Selfie experience to the Indian consumers. We have been leading the Selfie industry in the Indian market with our Selfie Expert F series for which we have received immense response, especially from the youth. With the launch of F7 in India, we will further strengthen our stance as ‘The Selfie Expert and Leader’ and truly represent our ambition to continue being the leaders in the market.” said Sky Li, Global VP, OPPO and President of OPPO India.
OPPO F7 Specifications
- CPU: Octa-core processor
- RAM: 4 GB (6 GB in Sunrise Red and Diamond Black Model)
- Operating System: ColorOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Display: 6.23-inch Full-HD+ (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full Screen Display with 19:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 16 MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 25 MP with Real-Time HDR, AR Stickers and AI Beauty 2.0
- Internal Storage: 64 GB (128 GB in Sunrise Red and Diamond Black Model)
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 GB via microSD card (dedicated slot)
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 4G, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Other: Face Unlock, Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Sunrise Red, Moonlight Silver, Solar Red, Diamond Black
- Battery: 3400 mAh
OPPO F7 Price in India and Availability
- Price of 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant: ₹21,990
- Price of 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage variant: ₹26,990
- Availability: 10,000 units of the OPPO F7 (4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant) will be available through 777 OPPO stores across the country on April 2 as a part of first flash sale. General sales kick-off from April 9 through Flipkart and offline channels
OPPO F7 Offers
- 5% cashback on purchase made using ICICI Bank Credit Cards and up to ₹1200 cashback in 12 months
- 120 GB 4G data to Reliance Jio users
- One-time free screen replacement within one year from the date of purchase