Panasonic has announced fully rugged Toughpad FZ-F1 and FZ-N1 smartphones. The FZ-F1 runs on Windows 10 IoT Mobile Enterprise OS, whereas the FZ-N1 runs on Android Lollipop.
The Panasonic FZ-F1 is powered by a Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor which is coupled with 2 GB RAM and backed by Adreno 330 GPU. It boasts off 4.7-inch HD display and packs 3200 mAh battery along with an optional 6200 mAh battery back having Warm Swap capability. The FZ-F1 runs on Windows 10 IoT Mobile Enterprise OS out of the box.
The FZ-N1 on the other hand sports the same specs as that of the FZ-F1 but runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop instead of Windows 10 IoT Mobile Enterprise.
Panasonic FZ-F1 and FZ-N1 specifications:
- CPU: 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: Adreno 330
- Operating System: Windows 10 IoT Mobile Enterprise (FZ-F1), Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (FZ-N1)
- Display: 4.7-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) sunlight-viewable display with 10-point capactive multi-touch along with rain sensing and glove touch mode
- Rear Camera: 8 MP with LED light
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 64 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, HSPA+, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS, CDMA 1x, EVDO Rev.A, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.1 LE (class 1)
- Key Features: 1D/2D Barcode Reader, Optional Magnetic Stripe Reader
- Other: MIL-STD-810G (shock, vibration, rain, dust, sand, altitude, freeze/thaw, high/low temperature, temperature shock, humidity), IP65 (high-pressure jet spray) and IP67 (submersible up to 3.3ft. for 30 minutes) certified
- Battery: 3200 mAh Li-Ion with Quick Charging, optional 6200 mAh long life battery back with Warm Swap capability
After looking at these specs, you will obviously be curious about the price tag of both these Toughpad smartphones. Well, the Panasonic Toughpad FZ-F1 is priced at $1599 (Rs. 1,09,764), whereas the Wi-Fi only version of the Toughpad FZ-N1 will cost $1499 (Rs. 1,02,899). Anyone buying?