Pocket (formerly called Read It Later) for iOS has just received an important update bringing in loads of new features to the client.
The Pocket has reached v4.2.6 and the new version goes on to bring in improved Evernote sharing, Tweet Attribution has been redesigned with support for replying, favoriting, retweeting, opening a tweet in Safari and sharing to Tweetbot has been introduced.
The complete changelog, which includes the General fixes and other improvements is as follows:
- Improvements to Evernote sharing, including notebook selection, preservation of tags, comments, and option to include the full article
- Sharing to Evernote now supports the service in China
- Tweet Attribution redesigned, with support for replying, favoriting, retweeting, opening tweet in Safari, and opening a person’s Twitter profile in Safari
- Share to Tweetbot
- Toolbar buttons are now easier to tap
- The Pocket logo at the top of the list will no longer appear visually distorted
- Fixed an issue where items in the list were occasionally not tappable
- Fixed an issue where authorizing 3rd-party apps would hang on older devices
- Rotation lock now works properly in the Reader
- ESPN Insider subscribers can now log in by going to Options > Manage Site Subscriptions
- A number of other bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed issues when logging in to Pinboard and Delicious
- App.net has much improved error handling and some fixes when adding comments to shared items
- The font size has been increased when sharing to Buffer
Pocket v4.2.6 is available for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and requires iOS 5.0 and later. The app has been optimized for the iPhone 5 and you can download it from the link below.