Firemint and EA Mobile have released an update for the hit racing game Real Racing 2 and Real Racing 2 HD. The update will be supported by iOS 5 and will deliver full 720p AirPlay support with a brand new Party Play mode. The new update and features will be supported by iPhone 4S and iPad 2 only as they have the dual-core A5 chip.
- Real Racing 2 (iPhone 4S) and Real Racing 2 HD (iPad 2) streamed to HD TV over AirPlay
- Completely Wireless- The most liberating and immersive racing experience ever
- Full screen, totally borderless display with stunning upgraded 3D graphics
- Take advantage of dual screens with real-time racing telemetry on your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S
Party Play features
- Split screen local multiplayer over AirPlay, known as “Party Play” – for 2 to 4 players
- iPhone 4S or iPad 2 acts as host, all other iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch devices can join
- Car interiors feature real-time dynamic shadows and specular lighting
- Normal mapping applied to car interior, some car exteriors and driver arms for improved lighting and detail
- Some cars have been upgraded, with an average 4x increase in polygon count, details such as front grills, door handles and seams are all modelled in
- Improved reflections on all cars
- Enhanced road lighting with normal and specular maps to highlight details that were previously indistinguishable
- Improved building window reflections
- HDR like exposure effects providing dynamic range adjustments when in shadows or looking at the sun.