Even though 5G is yet to launch in the Indian market, companies are still launching 5G smartphones in the country. Today, Realme has launched its latest mid-range 5G smartphone in the Indian market, dubbed Realme 8 5G.
It features a 6.5-inch Full HD+ LCD screen that offers a 90Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate, 90.5 percent screen-to-body ratio. Under the hood, the device is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 700 chipset.
The device packs up to 8 GB RAM and 128 GB of internal storage. In the camera department, there’s a 48 MP primary rear camera, a 2 MP B&W camera, and a 2 MP macro sensor. On the front side, there’s a 16 MP selfie snapper.
The phone runs the Android 11 operating system out-of-the-box with the company’s own Realme UI 2.0 custom user interface on top. It is powered by a 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging support.
The Realme 8 5G comes in two color options — Supersonic Blue and Supersonic Black. The 4 GB RAM model costs Rs 14,999 while the 8 GB RAM is priced at Rs 16,999. It will be up for sale in India from 28th April.
Realme 8 5G Specifications
- Display: 6.5-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 2400 × 1080 pixels screen resolution, up to 600 nits brightness, and 90Hz refresh rate
- CPU: MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- RAM: 4/8 GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 128 GB UFS 2.1 storage; expandable up to 1 TB
- OS: Android 11 with Realme UI 2.0
- Rear Camera: 48 MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash + 2 MP B&W camera + 2 MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 16 MP front camera with f/2.1 aperture
- Others: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res Audio
- Connectivity Options: 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, and USB Type-C port
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18W fast charging
Pricing and Availability in India
- 4 GB RAM + 128 GB Storage: Rs 14,999
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB Storage: Rs 16,999
- Availability: From 28th April