The Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016) comes with Exynos 7420 SoC under the hood which is coupled with 3 GB RAM and backed by Mali-T760 GPU. This is the same chipset which is found of Samsung’s Galaxy S6 series, and, it still is quite capable of handling intensive tasks to date.
The device flaunts a full-metal body and boasts a 5.7-inch Full-HD AMOLED display which comes with the Always On Display (AOD) feature that Samsung introduced the Galaxy S7 series. However, as the device is running Grace UX found on the Galaxy Note7, we might see the device coming with the updated AOD. The Galaxy A8 (2016) also comes with a fingerprint scanner which is housed on the physical home button.
Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016) specifications:
- CPU: 2.1 GHz Exynos 7420 octa-core processor
- RAM: 3 GB
- GPU: Mali-T760
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Grace UX
- Display: 5.7-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) AMOLED display
- Rear Camera: 16 MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 GB via microSD card
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Samsung Pay, Always On Display
- Battery: 3300 mAh
The Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016) is priced at ₩649,000 (around $590/₹39,000) and will be available for pre-order from SK Telecom starting October 1 i.e., tomorrow. As of now, it’s unclear whether or not Samsung will launch the Galaxy A8 (2016) outside of South Korea.