Samsung has finally made the Galaxy S9+ available to India and we received one. The Samsung Galaxy S9+ is recently unveiled at the MWC 2018 event held in Barcelona showcasing the features like dual-cameras, super slow motion (960 fps), bezel-less design, IP68 certified, wireless charging, Intelligent Scan, and much more. Here’s our first look at the Samsung Galaxy S9+.
Samsung Galaxy S9+ Specifications
- Display: 6.2-inch Super AMOLED display, Quad-HD+ resolution (2960 x 1440 pixels), Always-on display
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo, Bixby Assistant
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, at the back (below the rear camera)
- Iris Scanner: Yes
- Protection: IP68 Ratings (dust and water resistant), Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- CPU: 10nm octa-core Samsung Exynos 9810 Octa OR Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core SoC
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP18 OR Adreno 630
- Memory: 6 GB RAM, LPDDR4X
- Storage: 64 GB or 128 GB or 256 GB UFS 2.1, expandable up to 400 GB via microSD card (SIM2)
- Main Camera: Dual 12 MP + 12 MP (f/1.5 + f/2.4), OIS, LED flash
- Selfie Camera: 8 MP, f/1.7 aperture
- Cellular: 4G LTE network, 2x Nano SIM (GSM), microSD on SIM2
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Battery: 3,500 mAh
- Price: Rs 64,900 (64 GB), Rs 72,900 (256 GB)
Samsung continues the bezel-less curvy design which is one of the main highlights of the phone. While there’s no significant change in the design, it still features a glass body, metallic frame and curvy edges with the same Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on both sides.
The Samsung Galaxy S9+ comes in four colors – Midnight Black, Titanium Gray, Coral Blue, and Lilac Purple, we got the Coral Blue color variant and it looks amazing.
The fingerprint scanner is moved to the center just below the camera which is now a better position than before. The addition of the perks like the IP68 certification resistant to water and dust as well as wireless charging is present.
The Plus variant has a larger 6.2-inch Super AMOLED display as compared to the 5.8-inch Galaxy S9. The screen has a Quad HD+ resolution (2960 x 1440 pixels) and it’s HDR10 complaint and an unusual aspect ratio of 18.5:9.
No wonder it ships with a powerful Exynos 9810 octa-core CPU and a large 6 GB RAM LPDDR4X-type, it is one of the fastest smartphones in the world. The other variant which equips a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chip is made available in the US and China. It comes in 64 GB and a massive 256 GB storage with microSD support for up to 400 GB.
Samsung has upgraded the camera module significantly now comes with dual 12 MP cameras featuring Live Focus and Super Slow Motion 960 frames per second video recording. The dual camera isn’t new to us, the Galaxy Note8 features one.
The camera on Galaxy S9+ also has the f/1.5 aperture, the lowest possible aperture on a smartphone. It captures 28% more light compared to the predecessor Galaxy S8+.
Just like the Galaxy S8, the buttons and ports remain the same, there is a USB 3.1 type-C port at the bottom. The Bixby key is still there to call your Bixby Assistant.
There’s a new addition to the loudspeakers, the Galaxy S9+ comes with stereo speakers tuned by AKG itself and supports Dolby Atmos. The earpiece speaker acts as a secondary speaker uniting as stereo speakers.
Share us your views about the phone in the comments below. Stay tuned for the full review of the Samsung Galaxy S9+.