Samsung launched the Gear S2 and Gear S2 Classic smartwatches in India back in January this year. Now Samsung has launched 3 more variants in India. They are – Gear S2 Classic Rose Gold, Gear S2 Classic Platinum and Gear S2 White.
“Gear S2 is a sleek and smart wearable that enable users to augment and personalise their mobile experience and lifestyle. The introduction of these new variants with additional apps and watch faces will further add to the style and convenience quotient. Samsung Gear S2 is a true testimony to our commitment to provide breakthrough technology to make lives of our consumers richer.” said Mr. Manu Sharma, Director, Mobile Business, Samsung India Electronics.
Along with these new variants of the Gear S2, Samsung is also providing new watch faces and apps. The apps include Uber, G’Night, My Notes in Gear as well as Xenozu. It also features games like Hextris, Vroom Rider, Hangman, Snake and Space Wars which take advantage of the smartwatch’s rotating bezel which can be used as a game controller.
Samsung Gear S2 and S2 Classic specifications:
- CPU: 1.0 GHz Exynos 3250 dual-core processor
- RAM: 512 MB
- Operating System: Tizen based wearable platform
- Display: 1.2-inch Super AMOLED display having a resolution of 360 x 360 pixels and protection of Gorilla Glass 3 along with rotating bezel
- Internal Storage: 4 GB
- Connectivity: NFC, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Other: IP68 certified (dust and water resistant), Hear rate sensor, Wireless charging
- Battery: 250 mAh Li-Ion
As for the pricing, the Gear S2 White is priced at Rs. 24,300 whereas the Gear S2 Classic Rose Gold and Platinum variants are priced at Rs. 34,900.