SDK 1.0 for Symbian^3 released
Symbian was announced as an open-source platform, but a negative feedback of the platform led to the taking back of the decision by the Symbian Foundation. A number of SDKs (Software Development Kit) were released for different versions of the platform, and now we have another one for the latest Symbian^3 platform.
The features of the SDK 1.0:
- VGA resolution screen support, to enable software development for the Nokia E6.
- Support for Qt 4.7 and Qt Mobility 1.1 APIs.
- Updated Browser, now at v184.108.40.206.
- The Three Plane Comms architecture , offering improved data flow performance.
- Stub implementation of Mobile Broadcast Service API for Handheld Terminals 1.0 (JSR-272).
- Several additional Symbian APIs for features such as OpenWF support, SQLite 3, XML parsing, and others.
- Support for Korean and Chinese languages in the SDK.