Sony announces 9.4 inch Xperia Tablet S running on Tegra 3
After several leaks, last night Sony officially unveiled its new tablet with the launch of the Xperia Tablet S along with the launch its three new smartphones, Xperia T, Xperia V and Xperia J.
The Sony Xperia Tablet S’s design (wedge-shaped) is indeed inspired by the original Tablet S from Sony and the tablet now arrives with better specs compared to its predecessor.
Going by the specifications the Sony Xperia Tablet S arrives with
- 9.4” (23.8cm) screen with 1280 x 800 IPS OptiContrast display
- Powered by 1.4 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core processor
- ULP GeForce GPU
- Runs on Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 16 / 32 / 64GB Storage options
- 8 MP rear facing HD camera
- 1 MP front facing HD web camera
- Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), 3G (3G models)
- Multi Port, SD Card, Microphone, Headphone Out, Stereo Speaker
- Ambient light sensor, Gyro, Compass, Accelerometer, GPS
- 241.2mm x 8.8mm x 11.85mm x 174.4mm
- 570g (Wi-Fi models) / 585g (3G models)
- 6000 mAh battery, provides up to 10 hours Internet browsing / 12 hours video playback
There is no information on the pricing of the Xperia Tablet S it will be available starting in September for prospective buyers to get their hands-on the tablet. Impressed?