Sony Ericsson collaborates with China Mobile, launches new smartphone A8i
Sony Ericsson is tying up with China Mobile in China to expand its user base by launching , the Sony Ericsson A8i. This smart phone is launched in China Mobile’s TD-SCDMA network. The Sony Ericsson A8i was developed in collaboration with China Mobile specifically for the Chinese market and runs on the operator’s OMS 2.0 smart phone platform. On the launch, Bert Nordberg, President & CEO, Sony Ericsson said – “China is a hugely important market for Sony Ericsson and we are committed to maintaining our strong position and driving growth by continually introducing new and exciting products into this market“.
Key features of the Sony Ericsson A8i are –
- Runs on OMS 2.0 smartphone platform
- 3.5-inch (9 cm) touch screen
- 5 megapixel camera with 4x digital zoom, Auto focus and flash
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- Phone memory : Up to 200 MB
- Memory card support : microSD, up to 32GB
- Talk time GSM/GPRS: 5 hours
- Talk time (TD-SCDMA) : 7 hours 30 min
- Standby time GSM/GPRS : 260 hours
- Standby time (TD-SCDMA) : 260 hours
Huidi Li, Assistant President, China Mobile also expressed ecstatic feelings in his statement – “We are proud to be adding this new product into our product portfolio“.
Let’s hope this step brings in higher revenue for both Sony Ericsson & China Mobile.