An unknown Sony smartphone was spotted on GFXBench earlier this week with 4.6-inch Full-HD display. At that time it was assumed to be the Xperia X Compact because of its smaller display and Snapdragon 820 SoC under the hood. However, it now seems that the assumption was wrong as Sony today unveiled the Xperia X Compact with altogether different specifications.
The Xperia X Compact, as the name suggests, comes with a 4.6-inch HD TRILUMINOUS display. Powering this device is a Snapdragon 650 SoC under the hood which is laced with 3 GB RAM along with Adreno 510 GPU to handle graphically intensive tasks.
The Xperia X Compact has 32 GB of internal storage on offer which can be expanded up to 256 GB via microSD card. The device sports a 23 MP primary camera at the back which comes with predictive hybrid auto-focus and Exmor RS mobile image sensor. At the front is the 5 MP secondary camera which too comes with Exmor RS mobile image sensor.
Instead of flaunting a metal body, the device comes coated with ceramic material and boots up to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. As is with the latest Sony Xperia smartphones, you will find the fingerprint scanner on the power button of the device which is located at the right side of the device. And, to keep this entire package running, Sony has thrown in a 2700 mAh battery which we think should be enough for a 4.6-inch phone having HD resolution.
Sony Xperia X Compact specifications:
- CPU: Snapdragon 650 hexa-core processor
- RAM: 3 GB
- GPU: Adreno 510
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Display: 4.6-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) TRILUMINOUS display with X-Reality mobile picture engine
- Rear Camera: 23 MP with LED flash, predictive hybrid auto-focus and 1/2.3” Exmor RS™ for mobile image sensor
- Front Camera: 5 MP with 1/3.06” Exmor RS™ for mobile image sensor
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 GB via microSD card
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, NFC, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, High-Resolution Audio (LPCM, FLAC, ALAC, DSD), DSEE HX,LDAC, Digital Noise Cancellation, Clear Audio+, S-Force Front Surround, Stereo recording
- Colors: Mist Blue, Universe Black, White
- Battery: 2700 mAh
There’s no information about the pricing yet, but, talking about availability, the Xperia X Compact will be available from October.