Sony Xperia XA1 announced with Helio P20 SoC, 3 GB RAM and 23 MP camera
Alongside announcing two new Xperia XZ series smartphones, Sony has also announced the Xperia XA1 smartphone at an event held in Barcelona today.
The Xperia XA1 is powered by MediaTek’s Helio P20 octa-core processor which is clocked at 2.3 GHz and paired with 3 GB RAM. It features a border-less design and boasts a diamond-cut finish at its top and bottom. The XA1 comes with a 23 MP camera at the back along with Exmor RS mobile image sensor. For selfies and video calls, you get an 8 MP camera on the front with a 23 mm wide-angle lens, and, it comes with a Hand Shutter feature with which you can take selfies by just waiving your hand in front of the camera.
The Xperia XA1 runs Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box and sports a 5-inch display having HD (1280 x 720 pixels) resolution. At a time when more and more smartphones are coming with Quad HD display, and even a Full-HD display in the budget segment, a smartphone with HD resolution can be a downer for many.
Sony Xperia XA1 specifications:
- CPU: 2.3 GHz Helio P20 octa-core processor
- RAM: 3 GB
- GPU: Mali-T880 MP2
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Display: 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) display with Image Enhancement Technology
- Rear Camera: 23 MP Exmor RS with f/2.0 aperture, Hybrid Auto-focus, SteadyShot and LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP Exmor R with f/2.0 aperture, SteadyShot and Hand Shutter mode
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 GB via microSD card
- Connectivity: GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC
- Colors: Black, White, Pink, Gold
- Battery: 2300 mAh with Qnovo Adaptive Charging
Sony Xperia XA1 Price and Availability:
- Price: To be announced
- Availability: Available from Spring 2017