Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra announced with Helio P20 SoC, 16 MP front camera and 6-inch display
Apart from announcing the Xperia XA1 smartphone today, Sony has also announced a larger variant of the Xperia XA1, dubbed the Xperia XA1 Ultra.
While the Xperia XA1 comes with a 5-inch display, the Xperia XA1 Ultra comes with a larger 6-inch display. Also, Sony has not only bumped up the screen size, but, the resolution has also moved from HD (1280 x 720 pixels) on the XA1 to Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) on the XA1 Ultra.
Like the Xperia XA1, the XA1 Ultra is also powered by Helio P20 SoC, but it comes with 4 GB RAM instead of 3 GB found on XA1. Another improvement on the XA1 Ultra is the front camera and battery. Unlike the 8 MP front camera on the XA1, the XA1 Ultra features a 16 MP camera which is accompanied by selfie flash. If that’s not enough for all the selfie lovers, Sony has also put Optical Image Stabilization in the front snapper. Speaking of battery, the XA1 Ultra packs a 2700 mAh battery with support for Qnovo Adaptive Charging.
Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra specifications:
- CPU: 2.3 GHz Helio P20 octa-core processor
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: Mali-T880 MP2
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Display: 6-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with Image Enhancement Technology
- Rear Camera: 23 MP Exmor RS with f/2.0 aperture, Hybrid Auto-focus, SteadyShot and LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP Exmor RS with f/2.0 aperture, OIS, Hand Shutter Mode and Selfie flash
- Internal Storage: 32/64 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 GB via microSD card
- Connectivity: GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC
- Colors: Black, White, Pink, Gold
- Battery: 2700 mAh with Qnovo Adaptive Charging
Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra Price and Availability:
- Price: To be announced
- Availability: Available from Spring 2017