Sony Xperia Z launching on March 6th in India
Earlier last month, we shared with you about the Sony Xperia Z smartphone coming soon to India and Sony Mobiles India has now teased the smartphone to launch on the 6th March 2013 in the Indian subcontinent, on its Facebook page.
The Sony Xperia Z is Sony’s first 5-inch smartphone with a full-HD Reality Display with Mobile Bravia Engine 2 and is powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor coupled with 2 GB RAM and runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS out-of-the-box.
The Sony Xperia Z is dust and water resistance with IP55 and IP57 ratings and the smartphone has a 13 MP AutoFocus camera with LED Flash on the back of the Xperia Z with Exmor RS sensor and a 2 MP front facing camera for video chats. The device arrives with 16 GB of internal storage while it can be expanded up to 64 GB. Connectivity options include the NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 2G, 3G, 3.5mm headphone jack while the Xperia Z is powered by a powerful 2330 mAh battery.
Specifications of the Sony Xperia Z:
- 5-inch full HD display with OptiContrast Technology
- Display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 13 MP Camera with LED Flash, Exmor RS Sensor
- 16 GB internal memory
- Expandable up to 64 GB via microSD card
- Ingress Protection (IP) rating of IP55 and IP57
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out-of-the-box, upgradable to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- LTE, NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- 2330 mAh battery
There is currently no information as to how much the Xperia Z will cost on arrival but we expect the smartphone to be available for users for around Rs.42,000-Rs.46,000 in Black, White and Purple color options. For now, we are less than a week away from the official launch of the Xperia Z and will bring you all the information on the smartphone.