Sony Xperia Z price leaks, suggests $ 650 for SIM unlocked version
As we near the expected unveiling of the Sony Xperia Z (Yuga) smartphone, which is expected to be held at the upcoming Consumer Electronic Show (CES) 2013, leaks are flowing in fast. We saw the first press shot of the smartphone leak a couple of days back.
And today, another leak suggests the possible pricing that the Sony Xperia Z will be available for prospective buyers.
An image which has leaked and seems to be pretty legitimate, via a blog SonyXP, the Xperia Z will cost buyers 19,990 Thai Baht which equals to around $655 for the SIM-Unlocked (Contract-free) variant. And going by the specifications that the Xperia Z packs in, the pricing seems to be decent enough. Though this will vary from region to region, the gap is not expected to be much.
The source also claims that the unveiling of the smartphone will happen at the CES 2013 but it will make its way to the market in March 2013.
To refresh, the Sony Xperia Z packs in the following specifications:
- 5-inch full HD display with OptiContrast Technology
- Display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Powered by a 1.5 GHz Quad-core processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 13 MP Camera on the rear
- Memory expandable via microSD card
- Ingress Protection (IP) rating of IP55 and IP57
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out-of-the-box
- LTE, NFC,
- 139 x 71 x 7.9mm
- Color option: Purple, White and Black