The much rumored and much leaked Sony Xperia Z2 is finally official at the MWC. Sony has just announced the flagship and it is just six months since the last flagship, the Xperia Z1.
Sony has made a number of improvements with the Xperia Z2 over the Xperia Z1. The Sony Xperia Z2 is thinner at 8.2 mm and weighs 158 grams.
The Xperia Z2 features a 5.2-inch Full HD (1920×1080) Triluminos display. The display features a new tech from Sony dubbed Live Color LED. The device features the brand new Snapdragon 801 processor clocked at 2.3 GHz along with Adreno 330 GPU and a whopping 3 gigs of RAM. There’s 16GB internal storage along with microSD expansion upto 64GB.
The camera is the same 20.7 MP 1/2.3-type Exmor RS for mobile CMOS image sensor with 1.1 micron pixels from the Xperia Z1 but there are advancements on the software front. Now, there is the ability to record videos in 4K resolution and also 120fps videos. A 2.2MP camera graces the front of the Xperia Z2. The front facing camera can now also record 1080p videos.
Android 4.4 KitKat is on-board along with Sony’s latest interface. There’s a 3200 mAh battery to keep things running. The device comes with IP certifications meaning dust and water resistance.
Sony Xperia Z2 will hit the stores globally starting March and will be available in Black, Purple and White colors. Sony hasn’t mentioned the price yet. So, tell us how you like the new Sony flagship?
Sony Xperia Z2 Specs
- 5.2-inch Triluminos Display with Live Colour LED
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 20.7MP Primary Camera with Exmos RS sensor, 4K video recording
- 2.2MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- 8.2mm thick and weighs 158 grams
- IP55 / IP58 rating for dust and water resistance
- 16GB internal memory
- 64GB expandable memory via microSD card
- LTE /3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0, NFC
- 3200 mAh Battery