While most of the other companies have updated their flagships to the latest and greatest Android 5.0 Lollipop, Sony has been little slow but it’s better late than never. Sony has just started rolling out the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for the Sony Xperia Z3 and the Z3 Compact.
Sony has revealed that the update has started from the region of Nordics and Baltics and it should expand to more markets soon. The company has also revealed that it will be update more Z devices in two weeks time to Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Sony is bringing its own updates along with the Android 5.0 Lollipop update and the company has a detailed changelog of the update. Check it out below:
- Fresh, streamlined looks – based on Google’s material design, but retaining our minimalistic approach to interface and application design
- New look notifications and lock screen – with fully customizable settings, so you only get the information you really need
- Multi user profiles and guest mode – making it easy for family and friends to use your device, or the creation of dual environments for work and play…
- Android for Work – not only are business-ready Xperia smartphones and tablets unique devices for work – with waterproof form factors, great battery life and productivity features – they will now also be part of the Android for Work ecosystem
- Better storage control and customisation – with the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card – giving you more control over your content, particularly useful for devices with slightly less space
The update should be coming for every region soon and we’ll let you know when it arrives in India.