Suffering from slow internet speed? Here are few Tips for you
Here are the TIPS for Reliable and Speedy Internet Connection:
2. Attenuation level must be less than 40. See DSL line parameters in Modem. If value is greater than 40 then change line, vertical, DP or pair.
3. ADSL Splitter must be used on a Telephone line at subscriber premises.
4. Physical Layout of line must be in accordance with norms followed i.e, Phone Line coming from DP/Pillar Side must be first terminated at a Splitter in subscriber’s home.
5. Also Before splitter there must be —-
No Parallel Phones Connection,
No Joints/Cuts in Line,
No Conduit/Internal Wiring.
All the devices must be used after ADSL splitter.
6. For telephone and broadband connection, Avoid PVC wire and use Drop Wire (Copper) Instead.
7. Telephone Line Path should be away from Electrical Lines/Equipments/Devices.
8. All Terminals or Connecting Points must be Clean and Rust free.
9. Proper Insulation and Tapping of Joints must be done. Don’t let any joints open or loose in air.
10. Telephone wires, LAN Cables, USB cables should be tightly connected for proper flow of transmission.
11. For fast speed, LAN Cable should be preferred over Wireless Broadband and Wireless should be preferred over USB Cable for Broadband connections.
12. Check Telephone Line/Drop wire for any Cuts & Cracks and replace the same. Use single wire without any joints.
13. There must be No Noise and Disturbance in the telephone line. Pick the phone receiver and dial 5 number digit and hear the noise if any, any good line has a complete silence.
14. If the distance (underground cable) of the subscriber’s modem is more than 2 Kms from the Telephone Exchange (DSLAM) then Use only G.dmt Modulation in the modem DSL settings. Disable all other modulations.
15. Try to Use power from UPS supply for Modem’s adapter to avoid fluctuations.
16. Use Modem Adapter as per the Original Current & Voltage rating given/printed on Modem. Using low voltage or current rating adapter causes DSL to become unstable.
17. PPPoE (Always ON) settings are much stable and faster than Bridge (Dial-up) settings. Even if there is High Attenuation and Low SNR the Broadband connects and works well most of the times.
18. If the Line quality is not so good or the Broadband plan or speed requirements are less than 2 Mbps (like in the case of unlimited 256 Kbps Plan) than tell your NIB Staff to Lower the Profile of Broadband connection to 1 Mbps from 2Mbps. It will make your SNR to go up and Link stability increases.
19. You can Delete/Disable all the irrelevant PVC values in the WAN settings of the modem other than 0/35, 0/100, 0/32.
20. Use DNS or IP settings
Alternate server — 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168 (use anyone of these)
21. Always Enable NAT, Firewall and Default Route in the Modem configuration page.
22. Disable Automatic Updates of most of the Programs in your Computer.
23. Delete/Uninstall Unnecessary Softwares like Web Toolbars, Screensavers, Weather updates, Desktop Gadgets etc. from the computer.
24. Use Professional Anti-Virus with Internet Security suite for added protection from Malwares. As most of the speed is hogged by Viruses, Trojans, Worms, Spywares, Adwares etc. present in computer.
25. Use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera for Web Browsing which are faster, safer and reliable than Internet Explorer.
26. Install all Security and Essential updates from Microsoft if you are using Windows in your computer.
27. Use Download Manager for Downloading Files rather than using inbuilt windows traditional downloading and saving files. As the Download Manager uses specific technology which boost speed many times (i.e, Utilises full bandwidth available in your Broadband Plan).
28. Prefer Windows XP or Windows 7 than Windows Vista for using Internet as the latter is slower in response to others OS while using Internet.
29. Never use Two ADSL Splitters on same line for any parallel phone connections, Instead use phone extension for using multiple connections.
30. Never let your Wireless Modem/Router Unsecured. Use WEP-128 bits or WPA security settings.
31. At MDF Side (in telephone Exchange) all connections, jumpers and fuses should be neatly connected.
32. In E10B exchanges we can avoid using GD Tubes in Fuses. It can increases Line Quality (SNR value).
33. Last But not the Least, Pillars and DP should be free from Dust and Rust.