Tata Teleservices Limited and Research In Motion (RIM) today launched the BlackBerry Tour, a 3G enabled smartphone equipped with world phone capability, priced at Rs 27,990. The new BlackBerry Tour is a state-of-the-art smartphone providing users with an enhanced communications experience. It allows customers to stay seamlessly connected – across town and around the world – with support for high-speed CDMA networks in India and UMTS/HSPA (2100Mhz) and quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM networks abroad.
The BlackBerry Tour features a stylish black finish with chrome highlights framing its sleek design. In addition to providing an exceptional mobile phone and easy wireless access to email, the BlackBerry Tour is equipped with rich multimedia features including a 3.2 megapixel camera with support for video recording. With its support for BlackBerry App World, users can also access free mobile applications designed for business, productivity, games, news and lifestyle needs.
Features of the BlackBerry Tour smartphone :
- 3.2 MP camera with flash, variable zoom, image stabilization, autofocus and video recording (Video recording requires microSD card, which may be sold separately)
- Full HTML web browser, including support for streaming audio and video (RTSP)
- Advanced media player for videos, pictures and music, a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack and support for the Bluetooth Stereo Audio Profile (A2DP/AVCRP)
- 256MB Flash memory
- Expandable memory via hot swappable microSD/SDHC memory card slot, supporting up to 16 GB cards today and expected to support next generation 32GB cards when available
- Built-in GPS with support for geotagging and other location based applications and services
- BlackBerry Media Sync, which allows customers to quickly and easily synch music from iTunes and Windows Media Player with the smartphone (Certain music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies)
- Premium phone features including voice activated dialing, enhanced background noise cancellation, a low-distortion speakerphone, and Bluetooth (2.0) support for hands-free headsets, car kits, stereo headsets and other Bluetooth peripherals
- Preloaded DataViz Documents to Go allowing users to edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files directly on the handset
- Easy mobile access to Facebook and MySpace, as well as popular instant messaging services including Yahoo! Messenger, AIM, Google Talk, Windows Live Messenger and BlackBerry Messenger
- BlackBerry Internet Service support, allowing access to up to 10 supported personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server support, which provides advanced security and IT administration features within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise environments
- Removable and rechargeable 1400 mAhr battery for 5 hours of talk time and 14 days of standby time