Looks like Verizon has started rolling out the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for its LG G3. Reddit user Jrdnram_98 has shared a screenshot of the software information claiming to have received the update.
As can be seen in the image above, the build number and software version of the LG G3 that received the Marshmallow update have changed to MRA58K and VS98546A respectively. The update also includes Google’s January security patch for Android.
LG G3 Verizon specifications:
- CPU: 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor
- RAM: 3GB
- GPU: Adreno 330
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat (Android 6.0 Marshmallow rolling out reportedly)
- Display: 5.5-inch Quad HD (2560 x 1440) IPS display with Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: 13MP with dual-LED flash, OIS and Laser Auto Focus
- Front Camera: 2.1MP
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 2 Terabytes via microSDHC card
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, GPS, Infrared, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Colors: Blue, Metallic Black, Silk White
- Battery: 3000mAh Li-Ion removable battery
For those of you who are not aware, Verizon is a CDMA carrier and the specs listed above are for the CDMA version of the LG G3 having model number VS985 and can be different from the GSM model. Also, going by the comments on the Reddit thread, no other users seem to have received the Marshmallow update yet.