Yesterday we talked about the leaked specs of the Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) which were spotted on GFXBench’s website. Now, that same Galaxy J7 (2016) has received approval from FCC which means that it will be launched in the US soon.
As can be seen in the image above, the Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) carries model number SM-J700P.
The FCC document also reveal that the J7 (2016) supports 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, CDMA, etc., along with having connectivity options like GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, Wi-Fi. It’s also worth noting that the specs spotted on GFXBench’s website for the Galaxy J7 (2016) carries model number SM-J710X, whereas the one approved by FCC carries model number SM-J700P, so it might be possible that both these models have different specs but it isn’t necessary though.
Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) specifications:
- CPU: 1.5GHz Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor
- RAM: 3GB
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Display: 5.5-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) display
- Rear Camera: 13MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- External Storage: Expected
- Connectivity: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, Wi-Fi
- Battery: Not known yet. Must be 3000mAh, similar to last year’s J7
Now that the Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) is approved by FCC, which is the certifying authority in the US, we can expect some official announcement from Samsung regarding the launch of J7 (2016) in the US.