Viber, the popular Skype alternative which allows users to send out free text, photo messages and even make HD-quality phone calls to other Viber users has today announced that the app has passed the 140 million users milestone.
With this announcement, Viber has also released a special ‘fun version’ of the app for iPhone and Android smartphones which bring in a few new features.
The new version for both Android and iPhone includes:
- Share stickers with friends, making text messaging fun
- Include emoticons in text messages
- Send locations as messages
- Enhanced messaging experience with new interface and sounds
- Connect with your friends in group conversations of up to 40 participants
- Option to use your device’s sounds instead of Viber’s (Android)
- Optimized design for iPhone 5 and iOS 6, including new keypad
Viber has also announced that the company is adding about 400,000 new users every day and the app is available for iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone 7, Windows Phone 8, Symbian, Nokia S40 and Bada devices in over 193 countries.
Download Viber for your smartphone from here.