Vivo V9 listed on official India website with full specifications and images ahead of its launch
Looks like Vivo just can't wait enough to launch the V9
Yesterday, we saw an Indonesian online retailer listing the Vivo V9 on its website along with the phone’s specifications. We also saw Vivo Indonesia releasing a video on YouTube confirming the design and some of the specifications of the V9. Well now, going a step ahead, Vivo India has listed the V9 on its official website along with its images and all the specifications just ahead of its March 23 India launch.
The images of the Vivo V9 uploaded by Vivo India on its website show-off the design of the smartphone that’s inline with what we have seen in previously leaked renders and live images. The Vivo V9 does look like the iPhone X, thanks to the notch up top and the dual camera setup at the back that’s placed in the top-left corner in vertical orientation.
Moreover, the wallpaper Vivo has used on the V9 also looks eerily similar to the one we have seen on the iPhone X. It looks like Vivo so desperately wanted the V9 to look like the iPhone X. Having said that, while the iPhone X has a glass back, the V9 seems to have a metal one.
That said, Vivo India website has also revealed the specifications of the V9 in all their glory. However, there are some differences between the specs leaked yesterday and the ones that have been shared by Vivo India.
The first and foremost being the processor. Yesterday’s leak said the V9 would have Snapdragon 660 SoC under the hood, whereas, Vivo’s website says it would come with Snapdragon 626. Moreover, yesterday’s leak pointed at a 6-inch display with 18:9 aspect ratio with resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels, but, Vivo’s website puts it at 6.3-inch 2280 x 1080 pixel resolution display with 19:9 aspect ratio.
Another difference in the specs leaked yesterday and the ones listed on Vivo’s website is the dual camera setup at the back. Yesterday’s leak suggested that the V9 would come with 12 MP + 8 MP cameras at the back, but, Vivo’s website lists the V9 with 16 MP + 5 MP cameras. Well, we would believe the information coming from Vivo more than the one coming from some online retailer.
Anyways though, other information that has been revealed by Vivo is AR Stickers and a dedicated slot for microSD card.
Vivo V9 Specifications [Expected]
- CPU: Snapdragon 626 SoC
- RAM: 4 GB
- Operating System: Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Display: 6.3-inch Full-HD+ (2280 x 1080 pixels) FullView IPS LCD Display with 19:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 16 MP + 5 MP with PDAF, Slow Motion, AI Face Beauty, Time-Lapse Photography, Live Photo, Portrait Bokeh Mode, Shot Refocus, Ultra HD, Professional Mode, AR Stickers, Smart Motion, Palm Capture, Gender Detection, PPT, Panorama, 4K video, Camera Filters and Dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 24 MP with Face Beauty, Gender detection, AR Sticker, Face beauty video, Camera Filter, HDR
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano + Nano)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi
- Other: Face Unlock, Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Pearl Black, Gold
- Battery: 3260 mAh
Vivo V9 is carrying a price tag of ₹1,00,00,000 on India website, but we all know that’s not going to be the price at which it will be sold in India. But either way, we don’t have to wait much to know the pricing and availability details of the Vivo V9 in India as the launch is just over a week away.
Also, speaking about the specs, even if they are coming from Vivo’s official website, we suggest you to wait until the official announcement.
That said, if the Vivo V9 does come with the aforementioned specs, how much would you be willing to pay for it?