Bharti Airtel has announced that their Airtel Digital TV High-Def set-top boxes are 3D ready. This means that the new and existing customers using Airtel Digital HD-TV service will receive the content in 3D. The company has confirmed that Airtel Digital TV’s network to process 3D signals is now complete. However, in order to view the service in 3D, one must have a 3D enabled TV and proper 3D-viewing glasses.
The features of the Airtel Digital TV HD include:
- HD picture clarity with the highest possible resolution of 1920×1080 (2.07million+ pixels with 5 times sharper picture than Standard Definition).Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound for theatre like experience right in your living room.
- Wide aspect ratio of 16:9 better suited for our eyes which have more horizontal than vertical span.
- HDMI output to get the best HD signals to your HDTV.
- MPEG-4 DVB-S2
- Universal remote
- Blockbuster movies, interactive services like i-Darshan, i-Goodlife, i-Learn, i-Astro and i-News and an array of thrilling and exciting games.
- Multilingual EPG (Electronic Programme Guide)